Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Pictures from Encaustic Romance Show







Eight of us from the Portland Chapter of International Encaustic Artists had a great time at "Encaustic Romance", the First Friday show at The Art of Your Life Studio. Our many guests seemed to be having a wonderful time also. Several were introduced to encaustic work for the first time by seeing the show. Some were just starting their own encaustic paintings, while still others were experienced artist themselves. Many people noted that the show was striking in that it showed such a wide variety of work, all made with beeswax, resin, and pigment. Some of the work introduced collage elements into the encaustic pigment.

I did something weird with my camera later in the evening. I don't know what happened as my camera is too complicated for me to understand fully. Anyway, as you can see, the crowd scene looks like a bunch of ghosts. I assure you, everyone there was real, having a "real" good time.

No comments: