Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2007

More on Midsummer Creative Revels




Several people have asked for more information about the Midsummer Creative Revels scheduled for June 24. First, I need to note that I am not affiliated with any other group in Portland that uses the term "revels", though I admit to belonging to The Society for Creative Anachronism in the very early 70's.

I am planning some simple but fun activities--decorating and making an herb sachet, and creating fairy manikins (or womaninkins.) This activity was inspired by the lovely creation by one of my Art of Life group members, Polly Burton. The picture is of her fairy, "Charm."

For the Shakespearean feast there will be no suckling pig, I promise. Just some summer treats that Will himself might have enjoyed, such as "A Dyschefull of Snowe" and "Frittors of Spinage." Come join us and see what these are!

June 24: 6-9 PM
60. includes supplies and feast.
To register call 971-404-7664 or email http://www.artofyourlife.com

No comments: