Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Bold, Vibrant Show opening First Friday


Sierra Briano, a passionate and powerful artist, will show new work at The Art of Your Life First Friday Art Show on November 2. I've loved Sierra's work ever since I first saw it and she keeps growing as an artist, exploring new terrain with a bold gusto. The upcoming show is called "Immigration Reform" and is a political and humorous look at ethnic and class issues in the U.S.

Sierra received her BFA from Marylhurst. She has shown at many galleries locally and out of state. She has received several grants for public art. Sierra was an inspiration for me in my commitment to becoming an artist in mid-life.

I'll get to see all the work when I help hang it, but I'll miss the First Friday at Art of Your Life as I have a show opening in Seattle that night. I hope all who can will come join Sierra to see this amazing work and to enjoy her bountiful and humorous personality. The First Friday show is part of the Central Eastside Arts District Art Walk. (http://www.firstfridayart.com)

No comments: