Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Transfer and One Space Left



Transferred Secret
(photo transfers, paper, magazine fragments, text, used tea bags, tissue paper, ink, and acrylic medium on canvas board)


I made this photo transfer collage the other night using packing tape transfers and gel medium transfers along with other collage elements. The center image, of a painting by Duccio, was done with a tape transfer. The right side (to the viewer) of her face is torn from a magazine image and is superimposed on an area where I used an acrylic gel transfer that didn't turn out (gel transfers can be tricky, even to the experienced.) I was able to line up the magazine image over the failed transfer so that it looks like there is a face under the magazine image. I love this about transfer collages--even when a transfer doesn't come out like you want, you can still integrate it into the collage.


I used Ranger re-inkers for the brilliant color, mixing them with acrylic glaze medium. I'll be giving a class in photo transfer collage in March. I'm having a lot of fun with transfer techniques and I look forward to sharing them with you!
*****



I have one opening left for the February 19th workshop, "Mind Your Own Beeswax." Here's some student work from previous classes:










The class will cover the basics of encaustic painting, encaustic collage, and blender pen transfers with encaustic medium.


Transfers with encaustic

No comments: