Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Troy Studios Open Studios and Art of Life Group


Last night I visited an open studio event at the former Troy Laundry Building, now a busy warren of artists called Troy Studios. I first visited Julia Gardner who combines her own photography of Portland with gorgeous color and encases it in resin. I have one of her UrbanScapes in my kitchen and it cheers me to look at it every day.









Julia's magic art wall






I also visited the studio of Andrea Benson, who creates exquisitely beautiful and detailed encaustic work. Here are a couple of pieces I saw there.










This afternoon my women's art group, The Art of Life, met at my studio. It was such a fun and productive day. See my other blog for work done by Sarah and me.

Kelly paints in encaustic. Today she finished a portrait, a cup of tea, and an Asian-inspired encaustic collage. Wow!









Cindy is an acrylic painter and collage artist. The acrylic piece below refers to a Feng Shui method of re-creating energy and inspiration by moving 27 objects from one place to another. (I so have to try this.)








No comments: