Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

And the Winner Is...






Cissy is the winner of one of my new wabi-sabi DVDs from North Light. Congratulations, Cissy! I hope she won't mind if I share a description of her from her blog.

I was exposed to art at a young age. My mother was an elementary school art teacher, therefore we always had projects around the house. I in turn, did the same with my three children, painting and drawing with them as toddlers. Although I took some art classes in college, I am primarily self-taught. I didn't start seriously painting until the summer of 2008 when I became interested in the emotions of non-objective paintings by use of mixed media and collage. Recently, I have been experimenting in oil paints. During a difficult and trying time in my life, I picked up a brush as means of an outlet. I found inspiration from a song, a verse, a friend. My paintings are statements evolving from personal experiences in my life. By not being bound by any realistic representation, I can communicate through my work, my feelings, gratitude, faith, and my past. They often give a glimpse into my life, a reflection of myself.

I can relate very well to her process as I'm sure many of you can.
Here's a link to Cissy's blog.

Thanks so much to all of you who posted. I loved learning about your wide range of current projects and I will be exploring your blogs and sites for weeks to come. 

No comments: