Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Art and Soul Virginia Beach and Rusted Cloth in Back Yard



I looked up from working on my book to see that my talented friend and colleague, Erin Keck had made this collage of my classes at the upcoming Art and Soul Virginia Beach. I am so impressed! Thank you Erin!




My teenage grandson was over yesterday and I showed him how I rust cloth. He isn't into art, but he does like to see processes. I sprayed cotton muslin with a solution of vinegar and water (50/50). Then I sprayed a bunch o' rusty things and wrapped them up in the cloth. I covered them loosely with plastic and let them sit in the back yard overnight. I really like how it turned out!

Wabi-Sabi.


1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

A beautiful and interesting composition Serena-I must try this! Thanks for sharing. I'm sure your retreat is going to bring about some amazing art too!