Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Guest Artist Appearance and a Reminder



The Shadow of the Vampire


I'm pleased to be a guest artist this week on
Michael de Meng's blog. He's got some great sketches on his post "Sketched Out Monday", including his drawing of Nosferatu. This Nosferatu is the evil, deliciously scary vampire in a 1921 German Expressionist horror film. I used an image of him similar to the above in my first visual journal to represent the dastardly self-critic that pops up occasionally in the thoughts of artists. I saw this movie only once, in my 20's, and have never forgotten it. Now I'm inspired to watch it again. But not alone...


Vienna Autumn
Encaustic/Mixed Media



Reminder!


This coming Saturday, the 11th, Diane Havnen-Smith and I host our Annual Holiday Art Sale at my studio in the Montavilla area on SE 80th between Salmon and Taylor Court. We'll have lots of affordable goodies, conversation, treats, and a Silent Auction. Hope to see you there!

No comments: