Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My first online class debuts in January!

 I am so excited to announce that my first online class begins January 16 through Shabby Cottage Studio and Creative Workshops! I have really appreciated the site owner, Gail Schmidt as she has patiently waited for my class to be completed. I also couldn't do this without my artist friend, Julia Gardner, who has been helping me film each segment of the class.

The class, "Layers of Memory and Imagination", is aimed at both beginners and those who want some new inspiration and techniques.Here's the description from the website:


You’ll learn to create magical collages in an exciting and productive workshop!  I’ll guide you through:
 
 Mixing luscious layers with re-inkers, acrylic paint, and glaze medium
 Using alcohol inks, stencils, handwritten text, a variety of papers
 Three fun methods of adding photo transfers to collage
 Choosing the best images for your collages
 Composition tips for making your chosen images pop and for creating a balanced collage
 Combining paint and papers to add mystery to your pieces
 Enjoying and building on so called “mistakes”
 Sealing your collages with a variety of mediums and adding finishing touches
You’ll come away from this class with several gorgeous collages and all the tools you need to keep creating collages incorporating your memories and your imagination.
 




You can see a short promo here. I hope to work with some of my far-off artist friends in "Layers of Memory and Imagination"!

No comments: