Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Open House and Class at Queen Bee Cottage and Online Class: Shameless Self-Promotion

 
At Queen Bee Art Cottage


If you are a Washington State-er come by the Queen Bee Art Cottage in Olympia this Friday, December 2, for an exciting Open House. I'll be showing and selling work along with other vendors at this inspiring retreat center.

I'll also be signing up students for my Queen Bee Cottage encaustic class, "Mind Your Own Beeswax", meeting Saturday, January 17 from 10-5:30. Contact me for more information about the class.

    ************************************************************************

What an interesting learning experience preparing my first online class has been! I've been wanting to teach an online class for a couple of years, and have finally achieved my goal. 

"Camille "    Acrylic paint, alcohol ink,stamped text, collage on panel

Learn how to make a collage like this from a previous "failure"


The first step was obtaining a video camera, external microphone, etc. and learning to use them. The next step was finding my invaluable helper, Julia, who assists me in the filming. Then I learned that  Windows Movie Maker is completely useless on my computer, even though WMM comes with my computer. So after purchasing Adobe Premiere Elements, I was able to edit and add music to my videos. Now, I have bought a new computer as the video editing process may have hastened the end of my old second hand computer.

Was it worth it? Yes! I am very happy with the way the class videos turned out and with the techniques and processes I teach in "Layers of Memory and Imagination." I'm so pleased to be included in the online classes offered by Creative Workshops. I hope you'll check out the promo and class description and see if this class is for you or someone you know!

 

No comments: