Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Class at Troy Laudry Studios




I'm pleased to announce that I'll be teaching a painting and mixed media class called "Wabi-Sabi Wonder"on Saturday, April 28. This workshop will be at the historic Troy Laundry Studios at  1025 SE Pine here in Portland. Artist Julia Gardner is sponsoring the workshop in her spacious studio. For more information and registration, visit my site.

In this class you'll get a head start on learning several of the techniques and styles that will appear in my North Light book next spring. We'll use my special re-inker glaze, paint, papers, embellishments, and some unexpected items to create gorgeous pieces. You'll receive haiku to use as inspiration. It'll be relaxing and fun!

Here are some examples of the kind of pieces you can create:

Field at Night

Aide-Memoire

The Time Before
Contemplative Chaos

No comments: