Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Oil/Cold Wax Class on the Oregon Coast

Jac created this piece in class. It's now on view next door to the Bloom studio, at Touchstone Gallery!

I had so much fun going through the photos I took from "Expressive Abstraction in Oil and Cold Wax", the class I taught a couple of weeks ago in Yachats, OR. This was the third time I've had the pleasure of teaching at Bloom! an artscape, the summer studio of Sandy Mier. I was happy to see familiar faces and meet new ones. 

I hope you enjoy seeing some of what students produced over two days. Most of these pieces are on paper, though a few are on wood panels. This is the first installment, as these students were prolific and inventive!




























3 comments:

Sandy said...

You got some great shots of the student masterpieces, Serena! What an exceptional class--the creative energy, the creative students, and the creative Teacher!! You are welcome back to BLOOM! anytime. XOXO

Serena Barton said...

Thank you so much, Sandy for hosting me and for creating such a lovely atmosphere for all of us. And thanks to all my wonderful students! Stay tuned for more pictures from our class.

Linda Kunsman said...

wow-these are fabulous and so inspiring Serena! Thanks for sharing them.